A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oma's tea cup's ~

My granddaughter and I had a tea party today, using my grandmother "Oma's" teacups. The two teacups in front with the pretty roses at the bottom, belonged to my Oma from Germany...she handed them down to mom just a few years ago, and when mom passed...I managed to get them...I can't express how grateful I am to have them.  Of course, my granddaughter has already informed me they will be hers...I agreed!

The teapot with the peach colored roses and matching teacup, is part of a set given to me by my Oma, when I was just 19 years old...she always knew how much I loved tea.  I love the delicate pattern of the peach roses. All of these special teacups and teapot, bring wonderful memories of my mom and Oma, and the many times we sat taking tea, and chatting away when mom would come to visit. Oma lived in Germany but made several visits over the years. When she was here...I would always make sure we had tea in the cups she had given me many years before.



8 comments:

  1. How lovely. Since my son is grown and does not plan to have children I will have to consider which of my nieces will get my tea cups. I suppose asking them who drinks tea might be a good start. Or holding a tea party and see who comes!

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice ~ both my daughter and granddaughter love tea so I am sure they will have to share!

    I think your idea is a very clever way of finding out who will inherit your lovely teacups...will be interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photo plan! Hope you and your granddaughter had a wonderful tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have a tea party with your granddaughter today! Special moments with Oma that she will never forget, just as you have not forgotten them with your Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and lovely "Oma's teaset", I love the roses pattern, I love the table setting you made and it's a treasure to have a teaset that was given from your Oma and soon will be given to your granddaughter!Thanks for following my blog. Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teacups are beautiful and hold lovely memories as well as tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Tea and Lesley ~ Thank you...these teacups are true treasures that I am blessed to have and to be able to hand down for many generations to come.

    My granddaughter and I had a wonderful tea party and I was able to share memories in gentle conversation.

    ReplyDelete