A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Camera, dried hydrangea's, rose petals, and Mom ~


I purchased a gently used new Canon Rebel camera, and this is really the first time I used it. I have been playing and attempting to get use to it. The above photo of my beautiful mom, dried rose petals from her service, and hydrangea's I dried from my garden, became my subjects to play with. This camera is going to take some getting use to! Much different from my point and shoot Canon camera, that is for sure.  I must have taken 100 photos before even coming up with a somewhat decent one.
 I wanted to highlight the hydrangea's so that the purple-ish color stood out, but then there would be a glare on mom's photo. I tried the auto setting and with the flash, the hydrangea's looked a dried up brown color. This photo does not do any of the subjects justice...and it's fuzzy looking. I will just keep playing...that is how you learn right!?! 


4 comments:

  1. clap clap!!

    it might not be just what you wanted, but, I think it is lovely.

    congrats on the new toy, take your time, enjoy the learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol...I did get myself a book but there is nothing like experimenting and learning as you go...baby steps I guess! As soon as the weather clears up here, I want to venture outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do better to face the issue, with camera in hand, and play with the settings. That is how I found that fun fun fun night time hand held thing. I get a lot of use out of that setting! LOL

    But, when all else fails, find the book. OHHH, I have to FIND it first! Well, geshhhhh, that's tough! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and heartfelt photograph. A photo does.not.have.to be.technically perfect to be good. Have fun playing and I love this blog subject.

    ReplyDelete