A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Friday, February 18, 2011

Cards and Stationery ~

I have always loved greeting cards, making my own cards, and stationery. I'm still old fashioned in that even in our fast paced busy world, I love to send out cards and letters when I get a chance, via snail mail.  There is something about getting a personal handwritten note or letter in your mailbox these days.
In an attempt to organize and know what I have or need to get...years ago I created my own place to house all of my pretty papers and cards.  I have been re-organizing and cleaning my office lately. I have had this file so long, that the dividers are really getting beat up. I took this out so I can create some pretty new labels for each divider.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, do you have an area for specific cards, like a birthday card for a special person??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to Hallmark, and I usually find TOO many cards, coming home with lots of them (and with different pens)! If I had more time, I would make more...but I am busy research our family history these days.

    I put them in their labeled sections, keeping them there until I need them...but, if a special occasion or I have a special card for someone...I keep them separate or on my desk until it's time to be mailed or given away.

    I don't pen as many cards or letters as often as I use to...I do feel it's a lost art, and I would like to get back to a more personal way of corresponding, a bit more often, Carol. I even keep a journal of cards I have sent and have received. In generations to come...if they care...there is a journal of my cards I have received and who received them from myself! I know, I'm a bit passionate about it or whatever you would like to call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Gini, and as usual, you have wonderful ideas. I'm going to steal this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karen...it does work well. I found the the "just" right basket at my local craft store (Michaels), and the cards fit perfect.

    Not all stationery or the extra large cards fit, but it does what I need it to do. I also like that it's mobile if I need it to be. Right now it's in my office...sitting pretty on a shelf.

    For bigger cards and holiday cards...I have a portable file...I use file folders and have one labeled for each holiday...I keep all of my Christmas cards (left over), stickers etc. in one...Easter in another and well you get the picture. Anything to do with that holiday is in that folder. I can grab the folder, write out my cards and send them off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very neat and pretty storage solution :)
    I do agree that it's a pity the art of letter writing is dying out- I still send and receive lots of cards but I can't remember when I last wrote a proper letter.

    ReplyDelete