A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jamboree Virtual Surname Wall ~



This is a photo of the Jamboree's Virtual Surname Wall located just outside the exhibit hall. You fill out a little sticky that will list general information, including surname, geography, and time frame, for up to ten family names,  SCGS will maintain the information in a searchable online database.

My granddaughter and I had a wonderful weekend together . . . we attended great classes, met new genealogy blogger friends, and caught up with many old blogger friends. My granddaughter created her own genealogy blog . . . Emmasology all by herself after attending Thomas MacEntee's Blogger Summit I and II on Saturday. She is learning how to use her blog and I know I will be helping her  . . . not sure why but already when putting the words, genealogy and family history in the posting and comment area, links are showing up when no links were inserted, so, we will work on her blog together and I will monitor things closely. She is looking forward to researching and posting her family history and getting lot of followers!

I want to express a special thank you to Paula Hinkle, Speakers, and all who made Jamboree 2011 an amazing experience and so successful  . . . somehow those words are just not enough . . . Jamboree is like no other!

No comments:

Post a Comment