A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blooming artichoke ~



My neighbor up the street has quite a few artichokes growing in her front yard . . . I have never seen a flowered artichoke . . . they are so pretty. I took quite a few shots but this was the only one that I caught with two bee's at the same time.  In the photo below, I was able to capture a bee coming in for a landing.



4 comments:

  1. I had no idea they looked like that. Love artichokes, and always think of California when I eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I love trying to get bees on flowers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, they are frustrating little buggers and don't seem to want to hold still or do what you want them to do! I got quite a few shots but too many to post. I was more intrigued with a flowering artichoke . . . never knew they blossomed into such a pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you Barbara . . . I too had no idea that artichokes flowered.

    ReplyDelete