A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hydrangea heaven ~


Both my 'Pia' and 'Endless Summer'  Hydrangea plants are in full bloom and covered with these beautiful pink Mopheads (Hydrangea Macrophylla).  I like to leave the blooms on the shrubs until they age and take on a vintage look so I end up with a wonderful dried arrangement that will last for a very long time. To retain it's intense natural color, you can use Silica Gel . . . I have not done that as of yet . . . I like to dry them naturally and have been very happy with the results.


3 comments:

  1. Mine are never this pretty and full, hydrangea envy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My potted one is not doing as well but this one in the photo is hydrangea's gone wild!

    ReplyDelete