A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fresh cut Hydrangea ~




I am experimenting with this fresh cut hydrangea for a dried arrangement . . . I usually allow my hydrangea's to dry naturally on the shrub / plant . . . if they are cut too soon, the pink mophead will just wilt . . . I left this one on the shrub for a quite a while but not as long as I usually do for drying . . . we will see what happens. 



5 comments:

  1. I have had issues with Google / Blogger all evening. It took many attempts to get this posted . . . I have edited and selected the "normal" font size and the small font remains . . . perhaps tomorrow Google will have resolved their issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always come back and fix the font when things return to normal. I posted yesterday with no problems but I noticed a draft I have saved is on there twice and I didn't save it twice. Blogger is so unpredictable!

    That is pretty neat about the Hydrangas. I had no idea you could dry them! Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color in this Hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning color and sooooo worth the effort you made to get it up here. WOWSERS!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Carol, Harriet and Lisa . . . I luv these pretty flowers. Both of my shrubs are covered right now so I would like to dry them and make several arrangements . . . unless I use Silica Gel . . . the beautiful pink color will go away but they do dry nice also . . . with a "vintage" look to them . . . I have several baskets full.

    Google / Blogger are still having their issues . . . I had to use the LARGE font to make it look NORMAL . . . oh well, at least my old eyes can read it now!

    ReplyDelete