A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Sunday, May 08, 2011

My Mother ~


~ My Mother ~
 ~ by Lacie, my daughter 
Penned in Calligraphy by, Lacie ~ 1995 ~ 1997 (completed in 1997) 

My mother lifts me up when i'm down
She helps put a smile on my face instead of a frown
My mother is very understanding
even when i'm angry and a little demanding
My mother helps me through rough times
My mother is stronger than the strongest pine
My mohter was there when no one else was
My mother does the sweetest things, just because
though at times we argue and fight
i thank God she is my mother every night
i love it when its just us two
we sit and talk about things we used to do
when i'm sick i always get a cup of tea
My mother can mend a broken heart or heal a scraped knee
My mother helps me choose the right path to take
and she didn't even get mad when some of her things
would "accidentally" break
i love my mother with all my heart
And hope to God we'll never part
i know sometimes i'm mean and disrespectful
but to her i will be forever thankful
She stands by my side even when im a little immature
i will always be there for my mother, even if there was 
no one left in this world, it wouldn't matter, we 
would still have each other . . . 
  Love ~
Lacie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My daughter, Lacie, started to write this poem for me in 1995 . . . she then put pen to paper in calligraphy and completed it in 1997 . . .when she was just 17 years old.  I was so touched when she gave this to me and have cherished it since. This framed poem has been hanging in our family hallway photo gallery since then.

Happy Mother's Day ~


Flowers for Mom and Oma . . . placed on their graveside today for Mother's Day ~
Love & miss you both ~



No comments:

Post a Comment