A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Butterfly Friend ~



I had the most amazing time with this butterfly! I have been watching this butterfly for quite a while in my backyard. She would visit me daily but I was never able to get very close . . . until today.  She landed on my fence and I started to take photos of her . . . then I would get closer and closer . . . then, she would land on my head . . . then on my right hand (which was on the camera ready to take the photo) so I held out my left hand and she flew around it for a long time . . . then, she landed and stayed there for a bit . . . we have become friends . . . it was the neatest feeling having her just sit on the edge of my fingers and that she trusted me enough to sit there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This photo was taken on May 12th, 2011 ~ due to Bloggers maintenance issues, I was unable to post on May 12th, as planned.


5 comments:

  1. Now that is special! Amazing in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cheryl . . . it was, I was totally blown away that this little butterfly landed on me and stayed! I am watching for her today and see if we hang out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!! Very cool indeed Gini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Carol . . . it really was neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
    And find your shoulder to light on,
    To bring you luck, happiness and riches
    Today, tomorrow and beyond.
    ~Irish Blessing

    Thank you, Terri Kallio for sharing this poem with me, it's place is here.

    ReplyDelete