A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Viola's, Johnny Jump-up's or Pansies ~

Viola's, Johnny Jump-up's, and Pansies...
I have heard them to be called by all three of these names, not sure which is accurate. I planted them for my daughter several years back...it's her very favorite flower. At one time, once all the plants had bloomed,  I had thought they were gone, but they keep coming back each year. I love how small and delicate they are and their beautiful color.  

6 comments:

  1. Pansy or Heartsease (Viola tricolor) “. . . and there is pansies, that's for thoughts.” – Hamlet IV.v. . . . whatever you call them, I LUV these little flowers . . . I've always heard the tiny ones called johnny jump-ups . . . meant to plant pansies this year . . . but never went to the store to buy them . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Heartsease" that's what I will call them! I had never heard that before. My daughter calls them "miniature" pansies...they are very little and tiny.

    The first year I planted them, they bloomed and then all died away...I picked many of them and pressed them in a book...I believe I sent some...but they do keep coming back each season...they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gini, are they now in bloom? I'm another lover of these darling flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they are Barbara...things stay in bloom in San Diego almost year round it!

    It's pretty warm here today...82 degrees at the moment, almost like spring but much warmer! That's why San Diegan's have such bad allergies...we NEVER get a break from things blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them too! Ohhh, what a nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carol...this was the only one that didn't come out blurred...guess I'm a bit shaky in my old age!

    ReplyDelete