A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tea For One ~

The ritual for taking tea, even if for one, is very soothing ~
I am having serious computer issues...my computer has caused me great stress today!
I spent most of my day backing-up all of my  photos and documents, along with the data
in Family Tree Maker, 2011. I decided while some of the big files were transferring, I would treat my-self to "tea for one" (peppermint), and de-stress.

Each item on my tea tray has a very special meaning to me...I have collected "everything tea" since I was in my early twenties. I have recorded my tea collections in my "Tea Time Journal" including photos of the items, who gave them to me and when.  Catching up on my tea journal today, brought a bit of gentleness to my day and some wonderful memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The beautiful tea cup is from my Uncle Helmut Haf (1940~1994), only a month before he passed away in 1994 ~ he also gave me a teapot to match, along with the rose handled tea spoons.  The colors on this set are so vivid and alive, I love this tea cup. On his birthday or date of passing, I will remove this tea cup from it's shelf and brew some peppermint tea and drink to his memory.

The silver tray is from my Oma, she had sent me a set from Germany in the 1970's, along with a tea set that is so dainty and delicate...I will save those for another photo post!

The white Battenburg lace table cloth, is also from my Oma, over the years Oma had sent me many beautiful tablecloths from Germany. The heart-shaped doily and white doily, are from a dear friend, the same friend who gifted me the wonderful Tea Time Journal and the Hydrangea plant I posted here. The Waterford Fountain pen...I bought that as a gift to my-self in the late 1980's.

The photo of mom and the little vase of now dried mini roses that were given to me at her passing, grace my table daily. 

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this so much, sorry for the computer issues. I love peppermint tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful photo / remembrance of your collection of treasured memories . . . so glad you shared . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Vickie...there are lots of memories wrapped up in this one photo.

    Having that bit of memory/tea time, really helped yesterday. Still working on my computer issues with a ways to go...I am hopeful though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol~ Thank you, Peppermint tea is my favorite...the Peppermint tea came from Germany. When my mom flew back to arrange my Oma's funeral services in April 2010...mom hand carried several boxes on her flight back, replenishing my Peppermint tea stash. My Oma is responsible for my addiction to it!

    As a little girl, I had lots of tummy issues...Oma always made me a cup of Peppermint tea and I always felt better! She would also give me Fennel Tea...mom brought some of that tea back for me also.

    ReplyDelete