A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mr. Bear ~


This cute little bear that now sits on my bed, belonged to my mom. Mom loved this little guy, and it was very special to her because one of her twin brothers had given it to her several years before passing away. 

I recall mom telling me that both brothers had given it to her at the same time, during one of her yearly visits back home to Germany...I am not sure now. I have emailed my cousin in Germany to see if my Aunt Gitta recalls this wonderful little bear and his story, and hopefully his name too. Mr. Bear, as I have named him, is now very special to me. 

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie. I love stuffed bears, so I'm taken with your picture. Have two sitting on an empty chair in my living room. Like to hug them every now and then, and they like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara...I love his little glasses and his bow tie and vest...he is cute and they really are very hugg-able!

    This bear has comforted me, many a times over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter still has her bear and I wish I could take a picture of him. We called him "real bear". He was adorable! Love your bear Gini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa...is he pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glasses are too cute. I also have some bears and actually have one of my Mom's when she was a child back in the 20's. I should take a pix and feature it on a Treasure Chest Thursday. Thanks for giving me the thought Gini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to see your bear Lindalee...Treasure Chest Thursday would be the perfect spot to share it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a cutie, Gini. I'm glad he's attached to such strong memories for you and your family. I hope he brings some comfort, because that's what teddy bears do best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Amy...he does help bring on many smiles...and he is so soft too!

    I'm not usually a stuff toy kind of gal, but this one is special. I plan to hold on to him and pass him on down to my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete