A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mom's Christmas Tree Jewels ~ Memory Count Down ~ Day 14


ca ~ 1960's ?

I honestly do not know how to date this one. I don't recall this ornament but I believe mom (1933~2010)  acquired this one in the 1960's. This is the only ornament that seems to be a little worse for wear . . . the hook/hanger is a bit damaged and part of the design is rubbed off. I'm going to try and fix the hanger/hook. It does remind me of a butterfly and still looks pretty, so I decided to keep it on the tree . . . it holds history. 

~ Happy Holidays! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment