A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Mom's Christmas Tree Jewels ~ Memory Count Down ~ Day 8


~ 2008 ~

Mom (1933~2010) hand carried a set of these traditional pine cone ornaments for me from Germany, in 2008. As far back as I can remember, all of our Christmas trees always had pine cone ornaments, a German tradition. I didn't have any so mom thought it was time I got with the program! I love them, and they are very special to me. Eventually, I will have her set of pine cone ornaments to add to our tree here . . . where they belong.   

~ Happy Holidays! ~

3 comments:

  1. My favorite one of all now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Betty, they are so pretty, the glass ornaments and these pine cones are really my favorite out of all of the ornaments. Sometimes it's difficult to have favorites but there is a special place in my heart for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I am with you, Terri, out of the three, the Angel is my favorite. She's even prettier in person!

    ReplyDelete