A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Friday, August 26, 2011

Wild Maine Blueberry Jam ~



My neighbor just returned from, Maine, after visiting family members. . . the same neighbor I was house-sitting for and has the lovely garden, the one I so enjoyed tending too. She brought me a wonderful little gift . . . Wild Main Blueberry Jam and it is sensational! Promptly, I made myself a cup of tea and a slice of toast . . . I think it's the best jam I have ever had with the exception of my mom's homemade blackberry jam, which is my all time favorite.  I love the little jar and the label . . . thank you friend and neighbor, I am very grateful . . . I am hiding this little jar from my family, otherwise, this is the last time I would be able to enjoy it (good thing they have little or no interest in this blog)!



10 comments:

  1. Gini, a most perfect photo. Blueberries are one of the best foods for your health, so may you have a long and healthy life. Hide the jar, so you can have more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numma numma, drooling, I do believe I can taste it! FAB photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Barbara, the jam is very well hidden already! I never really cared for blueberries, however, in the last few years, I have grown to like them . . . I really wanted to like them to absorb the health benefits they give . . . boy am I glad I like blueberries now, I would be missing out on some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, very good and perfect with a cup of hot tea for breakfast (had to do it early before the heat set in). I did share with Emma but that's it and she does NOT know where it's hidden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had some of that jam as my sister lives in Maine and has brought or sent me some, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, then you know what I mean! It was a very sweet gift and she described the fresh fruits and farmers markets out there. Her family lives on a farm and it just sounded wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good and the place setting is beautiful What a good friend you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Betty, I am truly Blessed to have such wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, it was very very good! Wish I could share with you all!

    ReplyDelete