A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Caramel apples ~



My daughter, granddaughter, a friend and myself, spent the entire day making these caramel apples to sell at a  fundraiser tomorrow for my six year old grandson's football team.  It's a messy deal and alot of work making these (oh, and lots of M&M's were eaten too)! After all of them were made, we wrapped them in cellophane and tied them with ribbons in team colors . . . go Patriots! . . . now, I am off to clean the kitchen!


10 comments:

  1. Love this photo, love EVERYTHING about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol! We did quite a few so hopefully we will raise some funds for my grandson's football team but what a mess my kitchen was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum, yum! And they're beautiful too! I see nuts, M&Ms, marshmallows... what are the ones in the middle dipped in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Karen! The ones in the middle are dipped in yellow and green sugar sprinkles(that's the team colors). . . those came out really good. There is also a combo of chocolate/caramel dipped with marshmallows. I was very tempted to eat the ones dipped in chocolate but I was a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to eat those, if only I didn't have to worry about the teeth! Yummy. I'm sure they'll go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted too also, Barbara, but I stayed away! I think they will go fast as well, especially the ones with the M&M's and walnuts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have all had fun doing this! They look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was alot of fun making these! I had always wanted to make them and now I know. They are alot of work though. The biggest thing I learned was to use a crock pot to melt all those caramel squares . . . the least fun part was having to unwrap all those individually wrapped caramel squares one by one! We did two 56 oz bags and four 16 oz bags! Once we got passed that, the fun began!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering. Just thought you'd like to know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you were close by, Jasia, we would be having one together! They came out much better than I had thought they would, given they were home made by us!

    ReplyDelete