A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Monday, April 11, 2011

New occupants ~


This morning I was sitting at my computer when I heard birds just chirping up a storm. It was so loud that it sounded as if the birds were right inside my home! I went to my front door and I could hear them on the other side. I have little windows on the door right above the wreath you see here in the photo below.

I peeked thru the window and there were two little birds working very hard at creating a new little home for their expanding family. They saw me peeking (or movement ) and flew away. The little birds flew away so fast that I was not able to see what species of birds they were.  I didn't get near the nest other than taking these photos at a distance.  The close up of the nest is a cropped photo...I didn't want to get too close or take the chance of the birds abandoning the nest. As of these photos, there were no eggs in the nest. Spring has arrived for sure here at my home! And, as I write this post...I can hear them chirping away at my front door....we have new occupants for a little while.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats, gramma!! ooo, rather, make that Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol! My days just got busier and busier! I am trying not to peek...they are so cute! Hard to get a photo with disturbing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool! and it is a beautiful wreath

    ReplyDelete
  4. So a sign goes in yard use other door? Daughter has doves above her door. This is second or third year of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Susi. Sign is being made as we speak! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Pat. I have had the wreath for a while and did just put it on the front door. The birds have torn it up a bit making their new home! But if it helps them to create a warm and cozy home for the babies...I am ok with that.

    ReplyDelete