A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

In Oma's memory ~


1913 ~ 2010

This Bayern, German pewter plate sits on a shelf in my kitchen. It was sent to me by my Oma in Germany, many many years ago . . . you will see one in each of the Haf family homes.  There are 12 city crests or coat of arms, etched into this plate. My birth town, Augsburg, is at the 10 o'clock position. Oma always sent me neat things that surrounded our home and family of our German heritage . . . thank you, Oma, you are all around me. 

~ Schalf Gut . . . Schlaf in himmlischer Ruh ~
(Sleep well . . . Sleep in heavenly Peace)
~~~~~~~~~
Starting at the twelve o'clock position and continuing clockwise, the following cities and their coat of arms, within the Bayern State, are etched into this pewter plate . . . Muenchen, Landshut, Lindau, Passau, Hof I/B, Erlangen, Nuernberg, Eichstaett, Straubing,
Regensburg, Augsburg, Ingolstadt, 

In the center is the "Bayern" State coat of arms



1 comment:

  1. A lovely thing to possess, it's nice to be surrounded by memories.

    ReplyDelete