A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Monday, September 02, 2013

We have Monarch Butterfly caterpillars ~



 
 
I am amazed how quickly I have Monarch Butterfly caterpillars on the Milkweed plant I purchased not too long ago, as I posted about → here.  It's amazing to watch them and I'm excited that there will be many more Monarch Butterflies here.  You can see more photos that I took this morning of the little baby caterpillars → here.  I will keep you all posted on their progress . . . according to Wikipedia (link above), the caterpillar stage lasts about two weeks. They are so cute . . . I never really thought these guys were cute until now!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Gini! And yes, the caterpillars are rather cute. Those beautiful butterflies obviously loved your Milkweed plant. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I have to admit, I never knew what monarch butterfly caterpillars looked like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jana and Leah ~ I was so surprised when I saw so many caterpillars. I had hoped that when I purchased the Milkweed Plant that it would help Monarch's to reproduce . . . they are declining rapidly . . . I am so happy to help this beautiful little creatures.

    Thank you both for sharing in my excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fun pictures! You are becoming quite a photographer, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Cheryl . . . it helps to have a nice camera but I have a long way to go! It's all for the fun of it and to record our lives as much as we can so those after us can see what we were up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And God created all creatures....big and small and what a wonderful thing to get to watch transform into beauty. Thank you, Gini, for sharing those amazing photos,

    ReplyDelete