A memory is a photograph taken by the heart...to make a special moment last forever...and of all the memory-pictures that happy times can bring, the best are those that families make together ~
~ Author unknown

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mom's Christmas Tree Jewels ~ Memory Count Down ~ Day 17


I am honestly not sure when mom (1933~2010) acquired the five traditional German bells that go at the top of the tree. I do recall mom telling me that these belonged to her father and that having five bells at the top of the Christmas tree is a German tradition . . . I hope that I am recalling correctly . . . I wished at the time I had paid more attention to the story. These red bell ornaments are so pretty and I have them placed at the top of the tree just as mom had done for many years. I will inquire with my Aunt in Germany . . . perhaps she can help me with the tradition and it's history.

~ Happy Holidays! ~


No comments:

Post a Comment